One of the things I like about Frostgrave is that it gives you so many opportunities to make stuff. When I started playing, one of the first things I made was a Giant Worm for The Worm Hunts scenario from the original rulebook.
After some googling I came across The Sword and the Sprue website with details on using a coat hanger neck as a frame for making a giant worm. So after butchering a plastic coat hanger from my children’s wardrobe, I attached it to a piece of card (chipboard/boxboard) with an insane amount of hot glue. Next, I wrapped the coat hanger in air drying clay and began “sculpting”. I went for a Dune sandworm sort of look but gave it a mouth with five … lip … things. I sculpted some rough rings around the body and a few lines on the inside of the mouth. After it had dried (about two days later), I used the pointy ends of some toothpicks to add teeth, and I also layered some hot glue around the base to form the dirt mound around the worm. I textured the top of the dirt mound with some various sized grit, glued down with PVA.
I painted the body with a cream base coat, brown wash, and then a white dry brush. I repeated this back and forth until I had something I could live with. The inside of the mouth was a purple/red mix followed by a brown wash and the teeth were ivory and brown wash. The dirt base and clods on the worm’s body were various shades of brown, then a brown wash, then a lighter brown dry brush. Hmmm… yeah… dirt clods or giant worm eczema, I’ll let you be the judge.