There’s not a huge number of colours on this model. It’s mainly about modulating the colours. Again blue is a feature of the flame to tie it together with the other models (in particular the Electric Creation). The filters applied to the body were dilute and applied unevenly; the intent is to give some colour variation. The brown makes the pale yellow metallic richer. The brown blue wash hints at oxidized brass and adds some more depth and interest (in particular in some of the recesses).
- Base: 50% Gold (VMC 70.996) & Silver (VMC-70.997).
- Wash: Dark Brown Wash (AK 045) diluted to 75%.
- Filter I: Track Wash (A.MIG-1002) diluted to 33%.
- Filter II: Brown Blue (AK 075) diluted to 33%.
- Base: Andrea Blue (VMC 70.841).
- Wash: Blue Shade (VGC 73.207).
- Highlight I: Deep Sky Blue (VMC 70.844).
- Highlight II: Sky Blue (VMC 70.961).
- Highlight III: White (VMC 70.950).
As you can see not a heap going on, but again I’m happy with this miniature. It’s got a nice feel to it and it is a great looking miniature. Despite the simplicity I think this model has turned out well. The only slight disappointment is the compromises I had to make to get it to fit on a 30mm base. There is a slight lean to its stance and I’m not 100% happy with how it looks like its leaning. But the only alternative was a larger base that would make it illegal to play with. Which for most games I play it wouldn’t matter, but it would be nice to be able to run it at tournaments.