Just a quick little post with a few more pictures of my Armada fighters. The first thing I’ve done is added a wash to the X-Wings. I think this is a significant improvement.
I’ve been a bit negligent of the blog for a little while. I’ve been doing hobby stuff, just not posting. Anyway, this is just a quick post of the X-Wings from the Star Wars Armada core set. I don’t plan on playing much of the Rebels, but I thought I’d paint these up. And, although not as good as Rule37 painted X-Wings, I’m happy with how they turned out. I’m not sure what the next blog post will be, I’ve got a worse than usual case of gamer A.D.D. at the moment.
Star Wars Armada is the latest high buzz miniatures game to come from Fantasy Flight Games. I’ve avoided getting into the other Star Wars title, but I’ve been looking for a playable capital ship game and I’ve got a lot of time for FFG’s writers and editors. As a result I’ve given this game a go, and I’ve got to say I’m very impressed. However, this post is not a review of the game, rather a short post about how I painted my Tie Fighters.
I’ve finished this relatively small little project to build a 2mm terrain hex for use in various games from Hind Commander to Modern Spearhead. The buildings are from Brigade Models, while the greenery is made up of various Woodland Scenics foliage products.
It’s been a little while since I posted anything much here. It’s been a case of too many projects on the go and I’ve not knuckled down and actually done much with any single one. That and I was demoing games at PAX Australia last weekend, which pretty much knocked me out.
My plan is to build some developed sectors using Brigade Models’ 2mm buildings. These will be perfect for any Hind Commander games and also any other 2/3/6mm Microarmour I end up playing with. One of the games I’m thinking of trying is Modern Spearhead, which uses 3″ square urban sectors. Now, in my last post I discussed my distaste with squares so it’s going to be hexagons. After some playing around I also found 3″ (75mm) to be a little small for what I wanted to do. So I ended up going with 90mm hexagons. I think 3″ squares to 90mm hexes is a perfectly reasonable progression.